Employers now need to treat mental health in a similar way to physical health and are encouraged to take steps to consider employee’s mental health in order to support their employee’s wellbeing to provide a safe working environment. Delegates will gain an understanding of common mental health illnesses and be given the confidence to promote mental health awareness. The course gives delegates the ability to spot signs of mental ill health and the skills to support positive wellbeing for themselves and others.
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Different mental health disorders
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
How many Mental Health First Aiders do I need?
Employers have a legal duty to protect employees from stress at work by doing a risk assessment and acting on it. It is a government priority to establish parity between physical and mental health first aid, therefore we recommend that employers should be striving to achieve parity between the two provisions within the workplace.
We offer both the 1 day Mental Health First Aid and 2 day Mental Health First Aid course.
At a local centre near you - contact us today to find dates and your closest centre.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote so give us a call today and we can get you booked in.